The data warehouse, the traditional repository of integrated data, is experiencing pressure from increasing data volumes, more users and tight budgets—a triple threat to its ongoing existence and value.
According to Gartner, 81 percent of organizations are reporting a demand for new data types. And the number of organizations that deliver and access new, non-relational data types is expected to increase from 8 percent to 38 percent. These are just a couple of the trends that are putting pressure on data warehouses.
So what’s the future of the traditional data warehouse? The answer lies in the new technologies that extend data warehousing capabilities to deliver more data to more users to deliver better business insights—faster. We call this new breed of data warehouse “the data platform”.
Download this white paper to learn about:
- Why the traditional data warehouse is dying
- The challenges presented by the explosion of data volumes within today’s organizations
- The evolution of user types and increased user volume demanding more from data warehouses
- The key technology components and business benefits of a modern data platform
- How to overcome budget concerns of handling large data volumes
Download white paper
Please complete all fields